Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I do this at least once a week.

Every Tuesday and Friday, I take a brief trip to LaLa Land. While there, I see myself completely stress free, having paid off all of my debt, sitting on the deck of my fabulous new house while watching Matilda run around in the fenced-in back yard and listening to the waves hit the shore. My family's debt is paid off and they are all living in houses they own and driving brand new cars of their choice. I'm planning trips to Egypt, London, Italy, and Greece. I have cute and comfortable shoes and matching purses for every occasion. I have a masseuse and hair dresser on call. I have a beautiful retirement account and so does my family. I have a wonderful non-profit that advocates for people in need. I have no worries.

Today is Tuesday. Megamillions Day.

Tonight's estimated jackpot is $105 million. The cash option is $63.5 million. Join me in LaLa Land today. What would you do if you won the Megamillions tonight?

3 comments:

deb said...

If I won...hmm...set up a serious trust fund for Taylor (Yale, here she comes!), invest a good portion of it so the money could make more money, buy a house in Martha's Vineyard for the summer, open an art gallery, get a black Range Rover, and practically live in Eileen Fisher and Tods (unless I need to be cute, and then I'd have the Louboutins...). And of course, finally get the iphone...:)

Fiduciary said...

I will go to a fancy hotel for 30 days and interview investment firms and law firms. I will hire firms that are willing to have a young african american on the team to managage my affairs. While staying in the full service luxury hotel (in case I didn't mention it), I am going to take out $1 million for fun spending. $5 million will go in a trust for Ryan. $10 million will go in a trust for family. I will purchase a property in Martha's Vineyard and stay there several months throughout the year. I will also start an organization to promote financial literacy in the Black Community. %10 will be allocated to faith based philanthropy and another 5% will go to other charities. I will dedicate my life to promoting financial literacy and writing books on similar topics. :)

ca said...

I'd find Oprah's financial advisor and put them to work setting up a plan that would make that money work for our family immediately.

Sadly, I'm not prepared to dream any further at the moment. LOL. One day though...