Thursday, November 6, 2008

Good morning

It was a great morning. I slept well. Lunesta is my new best friend.

Took out Matilda and she did her business pretty quickly, which was nice because it was windy and raining.

Came back in. Took a shower. Figured out what I was going to wear without much fuss. Got dressed.

Gave Matilda a snack, kissed her goodbye, and was out the door.

As I approached the car, I noticed that all of the inside lights were on, but dim.

Damnit.

You know the rest. The battery didn't have enough juice to start the car. Had to call an old boyfriend to get a jump because I let my AAA lapse. Dumb move for a single girl, I know.

So I sat out in the cold because I didn't want to go back in the house and give Matilda the idea that I was staying for the day. Being abandoned once a day is enough for anyone.

Finally, a friend of the Ex's came and gave me a jump. I was at work by 8:45.

Here's the rant: Why, in the hell, won't the back door of that car remain completely shut?! I can't tell you how many times I've found myself in the same damn predicament. At the airport. At the metro station. In a downtown Baltimore parking garage.

Don't get me wrong. This car has been much better to me than my '82 Mercedes station wagon ever was, but damn. Is it too much to ask to have the door shut properly? The car needs some body work - work I can't afford.

And don't get me started on money!

No comments: