Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just wondering...

I was in Target today when I heard a little boy say, "Look, Mom. They even have Michael Jackson shirts!" Being the ultimate MJ fan that I am, I walked over to look at the shirt to which the little boy was referring. It was a sequined tank top with a picture of a white woman with long hair wearing large sunglasses and a leather jacket. All I could do was shake my head and chuckle. But it did make me wonder - how does the young generation make sense of the changing MJ? Or do they just know the last version of him? I mean, it's not like anyone buys records or cds anymore, so there are no album covers to look at while you listen to the music. I wonder how aware that little boy is that MJ used to look more like me than like him. I wonder if they claim him as ferociously, personally, and adamantly as we do.

No rant today. Just wondering.

No comments: