Thursday, December 11, 2008

At What Point Do You Take Action?

Thanks for all of the comments yesterday! I was really excited to see that I prompted a few people to think AND respond. Thanks again.


I don't want to go into too much detail here, so let me just pose the question. At what point do you tell The Person That Calls The Shots (TPTCTS) that you are SERIOUSLY concerned about a co-worker's mental health?

Help me out here, people. I'm really not sure what to do, but life around here is starting to be a bit more than uncomfortable.

Comments? Suggestions?

3 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I keep coming back to this post and I still don't have anything helpful for you. Is the c-worker's performance having a negative impact on work? A tangible effect on productivity/bottom line? Most importantly, do you feel the person has progressed to the point of being dangerous to either themselves or someone else?

Tough situation (but then you knew that already).

jmt said...

Is the health concerning you detrimental just to the job at hand, or to the employee as a person? If it's to the person, I'm not sure you'd want to tell the person in charge...not much they could necessarily do...I'd think?

The Tildy Spot said...

The co-worker is completely stressed out and snapping at people. More concerned about the co-worker's personal health and safety, but the stress does emanate through the office. And everyone is talking about it. Ugh! I offered to lighten the person's load today, and the person turned me down, so there's nothing more I can do. But if that person snaps at me one more time....!