Friday, December 5, 2008

Lupus Sucks

Yesterday evening, when I stood up from my desk to go home, I wasn't sure my legs were going to take me to the car. They felt heavy and tired. And I found myself to be suddenly exhausted. Then my joints started to ache. My toes hurt when I put pressure on them. My hands hurt as I tried to finagle my keys. My hips felt mechanical. And I didn't feel like I had the energy to do anymore than sit back down. But hell if I was gonna stay at work feeling like that! So I made my way home. I felt like I was pushing my car the whole way there.

Matilda met me at the door with her usual excited self and I didn't have the energy or strength to bend down and greet her. She followed me up the steps and into the bed. We stayed there for about 30 minutes and then I mustered the energy to take her out before I decided to call it a night.

I live for Thursday night television. I'm a huge fan of Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and ER. Last night, I was asleep before 8:15.

Today, I'm feeling a bit better, but am starting to get that exhausted feeling again. I'm supposed to have a date tonight in Baltimore, but I'm not sure I'm gonna make it.

Here's the rant: LUPUS SUCKS. That is all.

3 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Not having a stellar Friday myself. I hope you get your strength back soon.

The Tildy Spot said...

Thanks, Cate. I hope your Friday gets better.

jmt said...

Hi - I am visiting from SITS and wanted to say hello. I'm sorry that you had a bad day, but it sounds like yesterday was better??? I can't imagine what you go through, but I can send you some comment love and let you know I'll be thinking about you tonight. These blogs have a way of keeping us in touch with thinking about others....it seems like a narcissistic thing to start, a blog about oneself...but then you see that there are so many others out there to keep an eye on.... :) So here's to my eye, and you. Have a great weekend!