Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Sentiments Exactly

I'm about to head out for lunch, but as always, I check my blogs to see if maybe, by some act of God, I've gotten any comments on any of my postings. Thankfully, today, my new friend at Dabble Dabble Do visited both of my blogs and left me a comment.

I am echoing another SITSter today in my post. My friend at I Used to Be Witty said that she loves comments because it lets her know that she's not just entertaining the voices in her head. I, too, love comments, but my friends, family, and followers (that is, if I have any followers that aren't friends and family) just seem to read my postings, chuckle to themselves, and move on. No one ever takes the time to comment. Honestly, I don't even know if they chuckle.

Here's the rant: Why won't y'all comment? I know it takes a little more effort than picking up the phone, but please, I'm trying to build something here. And if you don't want to actually string some words together and write a comment, at least check off one of the reaction boxes after the post. Please comment. I, like most people, enjoy immediate gratification. Your comments will get me through while I'm working on my big writing project that you will not find on either of my blogs.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Ack! I agree completely! What do people do? Readm laugh, move on? I would at least think that my hard work could be rewarded with a tiny bit of effort, dontcha think? :)

Anonymous said...

I know-I have so many more readers than commenters....blah!

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Aw!!! I hear you! It's hard to even to get folks to comment on contests!!! But keep visiting other blogs, make a few new friends, and soon, it'll get better. I think people are a little intimidated by others reading what they wrote--not everyone is a confident writer.

Chin up!

Visiting from SITS...

Call Me Cate said...

I *totally* could've written this post (though probably with more typos). Even just a comment that says "I'm out here!" would be awesome. And yet I'm guilty of not commenting a whole lot either. So I'm trying to comment more and am checking out SITS as well.